PLAY READS ARE BAAACCKK!
In-person play reads are back at Bedford Players!
We’ve really missed our Bedford Players community over the past 6 months and are thrilled to bring back our monthly in-person play reads!
Time/Date: 7:00 pm – Wednesday, October 7, 2020
Location: Bedford Players Community Theatre (upper level All Saints Anglican Church), 1408 Bedford Highway, Bedford
Come join fellow theatre-lovers for a fun evening as we read the play The Dead Guy by Eric Coble.
Bedford Players’ play reads are an informal, fun gathering where everyone is welcome.
This is not an audition; there is no cost or obligation to participate. The event is open to everyone interested in reading this script as a group in a social setting.
Come meet some people interested in theatre. Have a laugh. Have a chat. Hear, or be part of reading, the play.
THE STORY: The Pitch: You get one million dollars to spend over the next seven days. A camera crew follows your every move and broadcasts your adventures on national television. The Hook: At the end of the week…you die. The Best Part: The viewing audience gets to vote on the method of your death! For hard-luck Eldon Phelps, the deal is irresistible. But does America have the stomach for this much reality? What would you do if you had one week until you became…“The Dead Guy”? Stay tuned…
A biting comedy and a “humorous, thoughtful critique on society’s obsession with other people’s realities”. (L.A. Splash)
PLEASE NOTE: THE FOLLOWING COVID-19 PROTOCOLS WILL BE IN PLACE FOR THE PLAY READ AND MUST BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO:
- Pre-registration is required for this event. Spaces are limited. You
can pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Masks are required and social distancing must be respected. If you forget your mask, you may purchase one for $1 in the lobby.
- Hand sanitization is mandatory upon arrival and contact information will be gathered.
- Movement within our building is restricted to the lobby, theatre hall and upstairs washrooms.
- If you are feeling unwell or have traveled outside the Atlantic bubble in the 14 days prior to Oct. 7th, do not attend this event.