Bedford Players will present one $1,000.00 scholarship to a student who will be attending a post-secondary theatre arts program and meets the following eligibility criteria.
- Eligible candidates must be pursuing post-secondary studies in Theatre Arts meet the following eligibility criteria:
- graduating from Grade 12 in the current school year or in the preceding three years, or
- who have participated in a Bedford Players production.
- Students from the following schools are eligible for this scholarship:
- Charles P. Allan High School, Bedford, Nova Scotia
- Lockview High School, Fall River, Nova Scotia
- Millwood High School, Sackville, Nova Scotia
- Sir John A. Macdonald High School, Upper Tantallon, Nova Scotia
- Sackville High School, Sackville, Nova Scotia
- Sandy Lake Academy, Bedford, Nova Scotia
- Theatre Arts is defined as the art of acting or of producing plays; drama; all people who write, produce or act in plays. For a theatre arts program to qualify it must include a program of studies which deals with the necessary skills required for staging live productions.
Application & Deadline
- Applications must be received by May 4 to be eligible. Late applications will not be accepted.
- A student must accompany his/her application with a letter indicating:
- Why he/she is pursuing a post-secondary Theatre Arts program; and
- Why he/she deserves the scholarship.
- Students may download the Scholarship Information Package (including Application Form) Bedford Players’ website or can request it from their school – OR – may complete the online application form.
- Applications may be sent to Bedford Players Scholarship, c/o All Saints Anglican Church, 1408 Bedford Highway, Bedford NS B4A 2X1
- The Bedford Players’ Scholarship Committee will choose the candidate that best meets the criteria.
Presentation & Payment
- Scholarship monies will be sent to the post-secondary institution or to the individual upon verification of attendance
- A Bedford Players representative may attend the graduation ceremony to present the award to the student.